You parents play an irreplaceable role in the lives of your children. This vital relationship positively impacts a child’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Considering this we have allocated space for the Parents corner in our site that ensures certain tips, Known but Unknown facts such as the hazards of the Social Networks, Video games etc.., we hope that this would be really helpful to you.
The role of parents in child’s learning:
- The research shows that parental involvement in children’s learning is a key factor in improving children’s academic attainment and achievements, as well as their overall behavior and attendance.
- The role of parents during a child’s earliest years is the single biggest influence on their development. Good quality home learning contributes more to children’s intellectual and social development than parental occupation, education or income.
A parent’s attitudes, aspirations and behaviour are all important, as is their ability to:
- Understand their child’s day-to-day progress
- Undertake family learning together
- Talk regularly with their child about their learning.
Parental tips Useful tips to Parents to manage your kids during summer holidays:
Parents can prepare a “day plan” for your kids to use this summer holidays in a useful and effective way. This plan must be a balanced one with different components. This could help your children to develop their physical, intellectual and social well being. We have designed a “Day Plan” model consists of possible activities that your children can be engaged with.
Physical Well being:
- To wake up early in the morning
- Start the day with Prayer
- To go for an early morning walk
- Take bath twice in a day
- Drink at least 4 liters of water every day
- Simple exercise at home to keep them healthy and fit
- Avoid junk foods especially packed foods and soft drinks
- Have more seasonal fruits
- Play outdoor games at least an hour per day, but not under hot sun
- Don’t sit before TV, Video games or PC for more than 30 minutes
- Go to bed early.
Intellectual Well being:
- Attend summer courses as per your field of interest
- Drawing & Painting
- Jewel Making, fur dolls, embroidery
- Sports/Games coaching
- Music Instruments, Singing and Dance
- The Hindu- Try word puzzles, Sudoku.Have a glance on Educational corner, Technology center, young world.
- Read magazines such as PC world, Electronics for you, Education plus, Reader’s Digest etc.
- Watch English News Channels (especially debates) such as CNN, BBC, NDTV, Headlines today
- Juniors can learn Maths Tables
- Have a habit of web-browsing under parent’s guidance.
- To help your parents in day to day work.
- Spend time with your family members
- Play outdoor and indoor games with your friends
- Plan for excursions with your family members
- Read the biographies of Missionaries and personalities